Hearings on new Illinois congressional maps introduced
Public hearings are set for Illinois’ new congressional maps the place the state will lose a seat on the desk within the U.S. Home. However not all particulars, like the place hearings will probably be held, have been launched.
Maps are redrawn each ten years following the decennial Census.
The Democratic supermajority has already permitted, and the governor enacted, new legislative boundaries for state Home and Senate seats. These maps are being challenged in federal courtroom with a listening to set for Oct. 7.
That’s the identical day Democrats have introduced the primary listening to on new boundaries for Illinois’ congressional districts.
Democrats are taking public feedback on their web sites, ILHouseDems.com/redistricting or ilsenateredistricting.com .
The whole checklist of hearings for congressional maps introduced by Home Democrats:
- Thursday, Oct. 7 at 12 p.m. on the Michael A. Bilandic Constructing, 160 N LaSalle St, Chicago,
- Tuesday, Oct. 12 at 12 p.m. in DuPage County with in-person location data to comply with,
- Wednesday, Oct. 13 at 12 p.m. in Lake County with in-person location data to comply with,
- Thursday, Oct. 14 at 10 a.m. on the Illinois State Capitol, 301 S. 2nd Avenue, Springfield,
- Thursday, Oct. 14 at 12 p.m. in Peoria with in-person location data to comply with,
- Friday, Oct. 15 at 2 p.m. within the Metro East area with in-person location data to comply with