Seventeen unions representing county and metropolis staff throughout Iowa grew to become decertified within the retention/recertification election that ended Tuesday.
Greater than 150 different union locals had been recertified, together with all Iowa State Training Affiliation’s academics unions, nonetheless, Radio Iowa reported .
Iowa State Training Affiliation president Mike Beranek praised affiliation members who voted to approve recertification of their native unions in an announcement .
“Requiring a neighborhood affiliation to vote on the finish of each contract is simply one other impediment the legislature positioned in entrance of Iowa’s public worker unions in an try to weaken our power,” he stated, referring to a 2017 invoice, which requires that public sector bargaining models should maintain recertification elections earlier than the expiration of collective bargaining agreements to ask whether or not the union ought to stay.
“As soon as once more, this impediment was overcome by the sturdy and decided professionals who is not going to again down from what they know is greatest for his or her career, their college students, and their faculties which is illustration on the bargaining desk, in lecture rooms, and within the career,” Beranek stated.
The recertification votes failed within the following bargaining models, Iowa Public Employment Relations Board Chair Erik Helland confirmed for The Heart Sq..
- Ames Group Faculty District/PPME Native 2003
- Metropolis of Algona AFSCAME Council 61 (police)
- Calhoun County CWA Native 7173
- Cerro Gordo County PPME Native 2003 (Roads)
- Cerro Gordo County Board of Well being PPME Native 2003
- Dallas County EMS Professionals
- Henry County PPME Native 2003
- Ida County PPME Native 2003 (Roads)
- Independence Municipal Utility IBEW Native 55
- Jackson County Detention Heart Workers Affiliation
- Jackson County Workers Affiliation
- Lee County PPME Native 2003 (Roads)
- Pocahontas County CWA Native 7173 (Roads)
- Pottawattamie County Teamsters Native 554 (Detention Officers)
- Ringgold County PPME Native 2003 (Roads)
- Scott County Library System Teamsters Native 238
- Western Iowa Tech Group School/UE
PPME Native 2003 didn’t reply by press time to The Heart Sq.’s inquiries.